Dying had always been an inevitable part of life. Since the age of myth, it had been foretold that pure, noble souls will a strong will to live could transcend death itself, and evolve into something greater. Their sheer willpower is what enabled their souls to alter in form and obtain extraordinary powers in order to continue living on for all eternity. These souls wander the earth in search of kind humans that they can inhabit, taking a tattoo like form on a portion of the host's body. In exchange for their abilities and eternal life, these spirits must be willing to fight against souls that also had the willpower to live even beyond death, but they were never pure souls to begin with...
- They usually inhabit a pure and noble host between the ages of 14 to 30 (the exception to this is the Reciprocus subtype).
- However, these hosts tend to have a vocation/job that is associated with the spirit's abilities (ex. a nature based spirit seeks a gardener, etc.).
- The spirit has nature/elemental based powers associated with a skill they mostly used when they were alive (ex. an archer has plant like abilities due to hunting in the forest)
- The host is somewhat aware of their presence within them for they can make out a thin outline behind them if they were to stare at themselves in the mirror. The spirit is not usually visible to normal people outside of the host, but can be seen by other individuals with a spirit inside of them.
- When the host transforms into AmdeuX, the ending result is usually covered in armor of some kind (this is not always the case).
- The life of an AmdeuX is not truly eternal, unless of course they avoid conflict altogether. However, this would null their abilities for they are not fighting for justice (this is not the case with the Reciprocus as they can only die when killed by a Regulus).
Key Differences the two warring AmdeuX
>> Regulus (The Noble)
>> Reciprocus (The Corrupt)
- Reciprocus tend to be more feral in appearance.
- Some Reciprocus have the ability to appear like one of the Regulus.
- Reciprocus go after unpure hosts between the ages of 12 and 39.
- Reciprocus seem to have shadow-like abilities combined with elemental/nature motifs. However, as they are more devious, they can delve into the supernatural.
- There are times when the spirit of an animal has a strong desire to live, and such is the desire that the animal's spirit gains sentience along with eternal life and abilities (thus creating kemonomimis and anthrolike AmdeuX).
- AmdeuX is derived from the French phrase âmes perdues, which means lost souls.
- âmes perdues >> am + dues = amdues
- Since there are two warring Amdeux types, the "dues" in amdues was changed to "deux", which means two in French.
- Regulus is Latin for sovereign. The noble Amdeux are the ones fighting against corrupt spirits that wish to transform the world into a living hell.
- Reciprocus is Latin for recessive or sub-level. They are void of any true feelings as it is "not actively present in their genes". They wish to gain control of the world and continue to thrive as the lives of the Regulus are extinguished.
Notes: This is a rough draft, but this is the basic idea for Amdeux (which came to me while I was lying awake in bed). It will be edited as needed.
If you would like your own, you can note me about it. I would probably charge about 30 USD since it has the following:
- General Tattoo
- Spirit Form behind host
- AmdeuX form (along with weapon or not)
- All the artwork is fully shaded (unless buyer requests not to??)
I think the price is reasonable enough really as its a reference sheet of sorts (not sure about you guys).
This is a closed series! Please do not create your own unless I give you explicit permission.